Engineer your career
Ready for your first engineering job? Hear from industry experts, leaders and young engineers how to make your mark and fast track your engineering career.
This is a money can’t buy experience brought to you by IPENZ and sponsored by Hera. You know what they say – it’s all about who you know. And this event is the perfect opportunity for student engineers like you, to make connections with engineers, academics and other students. As a bonus, you’ll stand out from your peers, as attending the event will look great on your CV.
During the day, you’ll have the opportunity to hear:
- what employers are looking for in young engineers
- tips to succeed as a student
- how to transition from study to work
- the secrets to working in teams and with different personalities
- a panel discussion with Graham Darlow, Peter McCombs, Debbie Scott and Yogesh Kumar.
Representatives from a number of engineering companies will be at the event including Xero, Beca, Downer, Opus, TDG, OnFire Consulting, Wellington Cable Car, BVT and Fletcher. Will you?
Where and when
9.30am – 5pm, 27 November
Only 50 places up for grabs
We have 50 places available for engineering students to attend this event. To be in to win simply answer two questions, and email to us by 28 September. You’ll need to be a current IPENZ student member to enter.
Become a student member
The successful 50 students will win a ticket to the event. You’ll need to organise and pay for your own travel to Wellington for 27 November. We’ll let you know if you’re successful by 9 October.
Win your flights
If the judges decide that your entry is one of the top three, your flights will paid for by IPENZ from anywhere in New Zealand. Hooray!
Our judges include:
- Stanley Chung – Opus
- Sharyn Westlake – Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Peter McCombs – TDG
They’ll be looking for clear and concise answers that show passion and forward thinking.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a current IPENZ student member and residing in New Zealand to enter.
- You must complete the entry form and send this to email@example.com by 11pm 28 September 2017. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Your entry form answers may be used in an anonymised form for promotional material in future.
- There are only 50 student spaces available. The judges may decide not to award all 50 places if the entries are not up to the required quality.
- The top three entrants based outside of Wellington will have return flights paid for from anywhere in New Zealand.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- If you’re successful, we’ll let you know by 9 October 2017.
- When entering, you must be able to arrange and pay for your own flights to attend the event in Wellington, if you are successful.
- We take no responsibility if an advertised engineer or employer cannot attend the event for unforeseen circumstances.
- Photos and video may be taken at the event for promotional purposes by IPENZ and Hera.
Proudly supported by: