Write Now – Ways to improve your writing
When 22 Feb 2017, 8:30 AM
Duration Half day
Cost $350 ex GST (IPENZ Members $320 ex GST)
Register for this event
Many people know their writing is not as good as it could be, but are unsure what they can do to make it better.
If you attend this workshop you will gain:
- an understanding of common writing errors
- simple tools to identify problems with your writing
- an understanding of common grammatical errors
- skills to correct all of the above
- an improved ability to write clearly and concisely
- tips for effectively engaging your reader.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- the "run on" sentence
- active and passive tense
- the "misplaced only"
- effective use of bullets
- how commas change meaning.
This is a practical workshop designed around a series of exercises.
About the presenter
Dr Gigi Fenster studied law in South Africa. She has spent most of her career working in the construction industry, training and advising on construction law matters. She is a published author; her novel The Intentions Book was a finalist in the New Zealand Post Book Awards. In 2016 she was awarded a PhD in Creative Writing from Victoria University, New Zealand.