The IPENZ Foundation helps support IPENZ members and future engineers through two main programmes:
- Financial assistance for members suffering hardship.
- Scholarships for students wanting to study engineering.
IPENZ Branches contribute to the Foundation by co-funding scholarships and identifying members in need of support.
Established as a Charitable Trust in 2004, the Foundation relies on the generosity of members and others who make donations or bequests.
The objectives of the Foundation are to:
- Encourage school leavers into tertiary education in engineering and technology.
- Assist IPENZ members suffering hardship due to physical or mental sickness, disability or incapacity to participate in education or rehabilitation programmes that enable them to resume a career.
- Promote the relief of poverty, among members or their dependents arising from age, physical or mental sickness, disability or incapacity or death.
- Educate New Zealanders on the role of technology and engineering in sustainable economic, environmental and social development.
- Educate New Zealanders on significant engineering and technological achievements that form part of our national heritage.
- Further the development and practical application of scientific knowledge in engineering or technology for the wider public good.
To get in touch with the Foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Thanks to Abbott Insurance for supporting the Foundation with a donation and for helping our engineers with insurance needs. Regular donations of this kind help us deliver our scholarship programme to get school leavers into engineering.” – Peter Jackson, Foundation Chair
Chantelle Charlton (Abbott Insurance) and John Boshier (Foundation Trustee)