IPENZ Regional Branches
If you’re a Member of IPENZ, you’re a Member of your local Branch. If you’re living in New Zealand – or the United Kingdom – take advantage of the services, events, career development and mentoring opportunities that your Branch offers.
How are the Branches run?
Branches may support engineering careers promotion through regional science and careers fairs and tertiary scholarships co-funded with the IPENZ Foundation.
Branch committees work with the local Engenerate (emerging professionals), SENZ (student members) groups to coordinate activities for all our membership levels.
Collaboration is also common between regional interest groups and our partners and related organisations.
What are my health and safety obligations?
It’s important that your event complies with The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. For us to comply with our obligations, we need to make sure that all events run under the IPENZ banner have high health and safety standards.
To help you manage these obligations, we’ve developed a set of checklists that you can use to make sure your event complies.
For each event, a designated person must act as the Event Organiser and take responsibility for completing the relevant checklist below:
Health and safety checklist for an in-house event
Health and safety checklist for a site visit
Health and safety checklist for a recreational activity
As the event organiser, you have some specific responsibilities if your event will have alcohol. Your event needs to comply with the Alcohol Act:
- Always serve sufficient food, and advertise this in your promotion of the event.
- Always serve non-alcoholic drinks.
- Make sure underage attendees are not served alcohol.
- Make sure people do not become intoxicated.
- Don’t promote the event as having free alcohol.
- Don’t encourage excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Don’t get sponsorship of alcohol.
- Make sure the venue, caterer or bar operator has the appropriate licence to serve alcohol.
- If people are entitled to one drink as part of the event, you can use a voucher to make this easier to manage.
Download drink voucher template
Download non-alcoholic drink voucher template
As the event organiser, you are responsible for making sure that:
- Food is handled with clean hands.
- Food for special diets is kept separate.
- Catering is delivered as close to the time of consumption as possible.
- Cold food is kept cold and hot food is kept hot.
Get in touch
If you've any questions about IPENZ Branches, email our Branch Facilitator